We Fight To Get You The Settlement You Deserve
Bicycle accidents can be painful and expensive to deal with, and insurance companies can only aggravate the situation by refusing to pay or not paying enough to victims. A bike crash can cause serious injuries such as concussions, fractures, spinal injuries, contusions, abrasions, damage to vital organs, and internal bleeding. These injuries often require expensive and painful trauma requiring care, including orthopedic surgeries.
If you have been the victim of a bicycle accident caused by a driver or a third-party, and as a result sustained serious injuries that required medical treatment, you may be entitled to compensation for the pain you have suffered as well as for the medical expenses. The Law Offices of Matthew Rabban have successfully gone after entities and companies involving bicycle accident claims where other lawyers were unable to help their clients.
Most bicycle accidents are caused by negligent or distracted motorists, often occurring as a result of:
- Left hand turns – The vehicle makes a left turn in front of the bicyclist. In many instances, drivers do not see the bicyclist.
- Lane changes – Drivers change lines without noticing riders.
- Motorist passes bicycle without allowing for sufficient distance – California road laws encourage bike riders to ride along the right hand edge of the road, but drivers sometimes speed past them too closely, causing collisions.
- Intersection collisions – Motorists do not look out for bike riders in and around intersections and collide with them.
- Unexpected backing up – A driver backs up abruptly from a driveway onto a road without paying attention to any oncoming riders.
Insurance companies will do whatever it takes to pay less on your claim because every dollar they don’t pay is an extra dollar of profit for them. We work with you to fight for full compensation that you may be entitled to under California state laws with respect to a bicycle accident. This compensation may cover:
- Lost wages or loss of future income
- Medical and health expenses
- Continued pain or trauma
- Medical care or rehabilitation
- Punitive damages
We work on a “no win, no fee” basis, which means that we advance the cost of the case for you and you only need to pay our fees when you have made a successful claim. To arrange a free consultation with an experienced legal professional, do not hesitate to call our firm at 818-448-5625 .